Clear & Better grade Southern Yellow Pine Decking is an exceptional decking material with a high aesthetic appeal. Southern Yellow Pine radius edge decking is produced from virtually knot-free material grown in the coastal timber belt of Georgia & South Carolina. With its smooth radius edge profile it dries out quickly and is warm and comfortable underfoot yet provides good slip resistance and is easy to maintain. With a mixture of warm colours of wheat and golden browns Southern pine looks beautiful left to darken naturally or can be treated with a tinted oil to suit any taste or application.
Best fixing practice for Southern Yellow Pine radius edge decking is to screw directly into the subframe using 2# 5x60mm Stainless steel decking screws per board. In addition, all intersecting joists should be fixed to .
Furthermore, we would strongly recommend fixing these boards to a Southern Yellow Pine joist framework to avoid the possibility of premature failure due to rot and decay of inferior framing material.
Unlike many softwood framing materials, the Micronated copper azole treatment used to treat our joists penetrates all the way into the wood creating a longer lasting enduring framework.
Available in 3 lengths, 3660mm, 4280mm and 4890mm.
At a glance
- Clear grade 99% knot free
- Grown in the Southern states of the USA
- Regularly specified for high-end residential applications
- Highest export grade Southern pine decking.
- Available in 3 lengths
- Recommended Fixings – Stainless steel 5x60mm or for a smaller head size 4.2x55mm torx drive deck screws.
- Colour will darken naturally to a nut brown with UV exposure or can be coloured with a tinted deck oil to suit any taste.
- Coverage approx 7.2 linear meters / m²
- Circa £35.00/m²
It is produced from virtually knot free material grown in the coastal belt of Georgia & South Carolina. With its smart clear grade southern pine decking, warm and comfortable underfoot yet provides good slip resistance and is easy to maintain.